Not only is our polyester strapping green... but since 1982, so is our company!
Polychem's polyester strapping is made from 100% recycled polyester (RPET), with 60% or more post-consumer content.* Strap cores are made from a minimum of 92% recycle content and are reusable and fully recyclable.
Polyester strapping is a recycle product.
With Polychem's wholly owned subsidiary, Evergreen Plastics LTD.®, we are vertically integrated and by using RPET resin, Polychem can produce strapping that:
- Requires less energy use
- Produces less greenhouse gas emissions
- Make us less dependent on foreign oil
- Saves land fill space
- Provides a better value product for our customers
- Can be recycled again
About 25% of Polychem's Polyester strapping is chopped and returned to close the loop.
We recycle over 95 million pounds of PET beverage bottles at Evergreen Plastics every year.
Bottles to RPET Clam Shells/Blisters
Bottles to Polyester Strapping
Bottles to Bottles
The Polyester Strapping Advantage
- Less expensive than steel strapping
- Safer to use, handle and dispose
- Up to 4 times lighter, easier to carry, and requires less warehouse space
- Cleaner; will not stain or rust on products
- Less packaging and freight cost
- Can be used without metal seals
- Elastic memory - keeps packaging "tight"
*Primarily PET Beverage bottles.