Accounts Receivable Specialist
Accounts Receivable Specialist, Accounting & Finance
Polychem offers convenient and economical one stop shopping. You need to look no further as Polychem carries the broadest line of polyester strapping/polypropylene strapping in a multitude of widths, colors, core sizes, and break strengths. In addition to the broadest line of polyester strapping/polypropylene strapping, Polychem offers a full complement of strapping equipment, power tools, and accessories. We provide a complete range of strapping solutions from the most basic manual tools, to the largest engineered strapping systems for extremely demanding applications.
All of the above would mean nothing if it were not backed by dedicated employees and extraordinary service. Our commitment to service is backed by acres of inventory of polyester strapping/polypropylene strapping and equipment on the floor, ready for immediate shipment. We ship a high percentage of stock orders the same day received, and Polychem always sells at competitive prices. When you evaluate price selection, service, and quality, Polychem always leads the way in overall value.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for the full cycle Accounts Receivable process within the company. This position handles all AR duties for multiple entities under Polychem LLC. The Accounts Receivable Specialist reports directly to the Accounting Supervisor and does not have any direct reports.
This person must excel in a fast-paced work environment and have excellent time management skills. This will be a full-time opportunity to join an established organization that is gearing up for future growth.
This individual must be able to work in a dynamic corporate environment in which they will have to communicate with many different departments to work towards a common goal. They should have a positive attitude, be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment, possess excellent communication skills, be highly organized, and possesses strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Processes customer payments in a timely manner
• Accurately apply payments from checks, ACH, and lockbox to customer accounts
• Interacts with customers to resolve outstanding issues
• Sends customer statements, invoice copies, and credit memos
• Reviews and analyzes all customer hold accounts and works to resolve them
• Updates customer information in the address book as needed
• Completes all customer credit inquiries
• Actively monitors and manages AR aging
• Research and resolve any invoice discrepancies
• Support the audits with external auditors
• Make collection calls on past due accounts
• Provides superior customer service to our customers and co-workers
Qualifications and Experience
• 2+ years of relevant experience in accounts receivable is required
• Ability to multitask with excellent attention to detail
• Proficiency with Microsoft products including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Experience in a manufacturing environment is highly preferred
• Associates degree in Accounting is preferred
• ERP System experience (JDEdwards preferred)